Greg Lance – Watkins
this all started on Saturday 27th. with discomfort in the bladder then early on Monday morning I started bleeding quite noticeably from the bladder with fresh (red) blood every time I urinated and both frequency & urgency!
29-Feb-2016 – Bladder Bleed saw Dr. Sarah Smith (one of my GPs) – NSU so Nitrofurantoin again!
it continued to bleed so I rang Out of Hours service as an alert if I block, a Dr. Hussein v. helpfull – on standby for single call response.
01-Mar-2016 – still bleeding regular clotting but being passed – we shall see!
01-Mar-2016 – 20:00hrs. emergency admission SAU Gwent with clotting.
The clotting in the bladder builds up and blocks the ureter preventing urine passing – with the best will in the world it can only be described as extreme pain!
Fortunately not only are SAU used to me but over the years I have got to know many of the nurses so they take my word for things and are as rapid as could be reasonably expected and a senior nurse is now authorised to insert a catheter – however it is far from comfortable which is exacerbated by any infection
The nurses are only authorised to insert upto an 18 catheter which inevitably means when a Registrar is available that catheter is removed and a 3 way 22 or 24 is inserted! This process should not be unduely painful as it is roughly the same size as a flexi, which really doesn’t hurt BUT due to the blockage, any infection insertion of the 18 and its removal inserting the 3 way can prove very painfull, however carefull the Registrar is!
So once the 3 way is in position it is time to start irrigation – the 3 ways are:
1. a tube to a ‘bulb/balloon’ which is filled with between 10cc & 20cc of fluid to prevent the catheter being pulled out!
2. a tube to drain the fluids from the bladder to the cathetar bag
3. a tube which is connected to the fluid on the stand which is run into the bladder to irrigate and hopefully wash out the blood before it forms consequential clots that may block the cathetar.
Finally after a few blocks of the cathetar, which have to be cleared by either a senior nurse or a junior doctor, by back washing with a large syringe full of fluid being pushed in and drawn off a number of times to clear newly formed clots – the bleeding started to diminish.
I was visited by my Consultant Adam Carter on Thursday morning who said that if I TWOCed Ok (Trial Without Cathetar) I could go home, with the normal admonishments to drink plenty and keep an eye on any new bleeding that might occur – Finally I left at 17:30hrs. although I wasn’t really passing adequate urine. Fortunately for me Gerald was in the hospital visiting his wife and gave me a lift home, Nikkie, a nurse on the stroke ward who is a friend I have known for years, had offered me a lift when her shift ended at 19:30hrs. if I still needed to get home.
tel: 44 (0)1594 – 528 337
Calls from ‘Number Withheld’ phones Are Blocked
All unanswered messages are recorded.
Leave your name & a UK land line number & I will return your call.
‘e’Mail Address: Greg_L-W@BTconnect.com
Accuracy & Copyright Statement: CLICK HERE
Details & Links: http://GregLanceWatkins.com
UKIP Its ASSOCIATES & DETAILS: CLICK HERE
Views I respect & almost Totally Share: CLICK HERE
General ‘Stuff’: http://GL-W.com
Documents, Essays & Treaties: https://GLWdocuments.wordpress.com/
The Hamlet of Stroat: http://Stroat-Gloucestershire.com
The Study of a Wind Turbine Application: CLICK HERE
Health Blog.: http://GregLW.com
Chepstow Chat: http://ChepstowChat.wordpress.com/
Christopher Storey: http://ChristopherStory.wordpress.com/
Des Watkins DFC: http://DesWatkins.wordpress.com/
Hollie Greig etc.: http://HollieGreigetc.wordpress.com/
The McCann Case: http://TheMcCannCase.wordpress.com/
The Speculative Society of Edinburgh: http://SSOE.wordpress.com/
Stolen Kids, Dunblane: http://StolenKids-Dunblane.blogspot.com/
Stolen Kids, Bloggers: http://stolenkids-bloggers.blogspot.co.uk/
Stolen Kids Blogs with links:
Stolen Oyster with links:
Stolen Trust with links:
Stolen Childhood with links:
- I NEVER post anonymously on the internet
- ALL MY BLOGS & WEB SITES are clearly sourced to me
- I do NOT use an obfuscated eMail address to hide behind
- I do NOT use or bother reading FaceBook
- I DO have a Voice Mail Message System
- I ONLY GUARANTEE to answer identifiable eMails
- I ONLY GUARANTEE to phone back identifiable UK Land Line Messages
- I do NOT accept phone calls from witheld numbers
- I Regret due to BT in this area I have a rubbish Broadband connection
- I AM opposed to British membership of The EU
- I AM opposed to Welsh, Scottish or English Independence within an interdependent UK
- I am NOT a WARMIST
- I do NOT believe the IPCC Climate Propaganda re Anthropogenic Global Warming
- I AM strongly opposed to the subsidy or use of failed technologies eg. WIND TURBINES
- I AM IN FAVOUR of rapid research & development of NEW NUCLEAR technologies
- I see no evidence to trust POLITICIANS at any level or of any persuasion
- I do NOT believe in GODS singular or plural, Bronze Age or Modern
- I value the NHS as a HEALTH SERVICE NOT a Lifestyle support
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial or GBH rape.
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial, terrorist, mass or for pleasure murder.
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial gross child abuse including sexual.
- I do NOT trust or believe in armed police
- I believe in EUTHENASIA under clearly defined & legal terms
Re-TWEET my Twitterings
INDEPENDENT Leave-the-EU Alliance