Greg Lance – Watkins
Everything you need to know about the NHS funding crisis
A leading group of doctors, nurses and charity bosses warn today that the NHS is at “breaking point” and that its “founding principles” are now at stake.
In an exclusive letter to the Independent, the coalition of healthcare experts say that the NHS “has just been through the longest, and most damaging budget squeeze in its history”.
However historic annual increases in the health budget, designed to keep pace with a growing and ageing population, have been severely reduced.
The NHS, which has been serving the country for 66 years, was recently rated as the most effective and most efficient healthcare system in the developed world, outperforming 10 of the world’s richest countries, despite the UK spending only 9.6 per cent of GDP on health – much less than most of those countries.
To cope with the coalition’s deficit reduction strategy, the NHS has already had to introduce a pay freeze, cut management costs and the money hospitals receive for carrying out treatments has been reduced.
The amount of work NHS hospitals, GPs and community carers have to do will cost more than its £113bn budget. But based on current trends, the NHS in England will run out of money this year or next.
The standards expected of the NHS are now higher than ever, but experts fear there is nothing else left to cut and worry that a slip in healthcare quality is the only place where savings could be found – something which they are vehemently opposed to.
With an ageing population come diseases that predominantly affect the elderly. Obesity rates, diabetes and other related illnesses have increased and the number of admissions to hospitals has risen from 11.4 million a decade ago to 15.1 million in 2012/13.
Read Charlie Cooper’s full report on the NHS funding crisis here
More: Nation of diabetics using 10% of NHS drugs budget
tel: 44 (0)1594 – 528 337
Calls from ‘Number Withheld’ phones Are Blocked
All unanswered messages are recorded.
Leave your name & a UK land line number & I will return your call.
‘e’Mail Address: Greg_L-W@BTconnect.com
Accuracy & Copyright Statement: CLICK HERE
Details & Links: http://GregLanceWatkins.com
UKIP Its ASSOCIATES & DETAILS: CLICK HERE
Views I respect & almost Totally Share: CLICK HERE
General ‘Stuff’: http://GL-W.com
Documents, Essays & Treaties: https://GLWdocuments.wordpress.com/
The Hamlet of Stroat: http://Stroat-Gloucestershire.com
The Study of a Wind Turbine Application: CLICK HERE
Health Blog.: http://GregLW.com
Chepstow Chat: http://ChepstowChat.wordpress.com/
Christopher Storey: http://ChristopherStory.wordpress.com/
Des Watkins DFC: http://DesWatkins.wordpress.com/
Hollie Greig etc.: http://HollieGreigetc.wordpress.com/
The McCann Case: http://TheMcCannCase.wordpress.com/
The Speculative Society of Edinburgh: http://SSOE.wordpress.com/
Stolen Kids, Dunblane: http://StolenKids-Dunblane.blogspot.com/
Stolen Kids, Bloggers: http://stolenkids-bloggers.blogspot.co.uk/
Stolen Kids Blogs with links:
Stolen Oyster with links:
Stolen Trust with links:
Stolen Childhood with links:
- I NEVER post anonymously on the internet
- ALL MY BLOGS & WEB SITES are clearly sourced to me
- I do NOT use an obfuscated eMail address to hide behind
- I do NOT use or bother reading FaceBook
- I DO have a Voice Mail Message System
- I ONLY GUARANTEE to answer identifiable eMails
- I ONLY GUARANTEE to phone back identifiable UK Land Line Messages
- I do NOT accept phone calls from witheld numbers
- I Regret due to BT in this area I have a rubbish Broadband connection
- I AM opposed to British membership of The EU
- I AM opposed to Welsh, Scottish or English Independence within an interdependent UK
- I am NOT a WARMIST
- I do NOT believe the IPCC Climate Propaganda re Anthropogenic Global Warming
- I AM strongly opposed to the subsidy or use of failed technologies eg. WIND TURBINES
- I AM IN FAVOUR of rapid research & development of NEW NUCLEAR technologies
- I see no evidence to trust POLITICIANS at any level or of any persuasion
- I do NOT believe in GODS singular or plural, Bronze Age or Modern
- I value the NHS as a HEALTH SERVICE NOT a Lifestyle support
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial or GBH rape.
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial, terrorist, mass or for pleasure murder.
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial gross child abuse including sexual.
- I do NOT trust or believe in armed police
- I believe in EUTHENASIA under clearly defined & legal terms
Re-TWEET my Twitterings
INDEPENDENT Leave-the-EU Alliance